Grace Church – Our Core Values
The Integrity of the Word of God (Psalm 119:89)
* The Bible is the inspired Word of God
* It is the basis for all sound doctrine and practice
* It is the revelation from God that we build our foundation on
* It is the truth revealed to us by the God who loves us
Forever, O Lord,Your word is settled in heaven.
The Goodness of God (Psalm 34:8)
* It is important that we perceive God through the reality of His Goodness
* He is a Good God and He has good things in store for us
* How we perceive God determines our fruitfulness in life
* God is revealing afresh His Goodness to His people
* God is a Good God and He is causing all thing to work together for our good
Oh, taste and see that the Lord is good; Blessed is the man who trusts in Him!
Salvation (Luke 19:9-10)
* God desires all people to be saved
* The price has been paid to redeem mankind
* An integral part of who we are as a church is reaching lost people
* We will continually create opportunities for people to be saved
And Jesus said to him, “Today salvation has come to this house, because he also is a son of Abraham; for the Son of Man has come to seek and to save that which was lost.”
The Apostolic (1 Corinthians 4:15)
* We do not gather around doctrine but around spiritual fathers
* An Apostolic wineskin can contain the new wine of the Holy Spirit without damaging the wine skin.
* It is a culture that values spiritual fathers and mothers and spiritual sons and daughters
* It is a culture that values the release of the Kingdom of God into the earth
For though you might have ten thousand instructors in Christ, yet you do not have many fathers; for in Christ Jesus I have begotten you through the gospel.
1 Corinthians 4:15
Joy and Hope (Nehemiah 8:10; Romans 15:13)
* The Joy of the Lord is our strength and is rooted in the revelation of the Goodness of God
* Joy is one aspect of the fruit of the Spirit
* Joy is evidence of the Kingdom of God
* Hope is an integral part of the Christian life
* Without hope there is no track for faith to run on
Then he said to them, “Go your way, eat the fat, drink the sweet, and send portions to those for whom nothing is prepared; for this day is holy to our Lord. Do not sorrow, for the joy of the Lord is your strength.”
Now may the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace in believing, that you may abound in hope by the power of the Holy Spirit.
Faith and Risk (2 Corinthians 5:7)
* A true life of faith involves risk
* In a culture of faith and risk we are encouraged to take risks for the Kingdom
* It is better to risk and fail than not to risk at all
* We are continually creating opportunities for the Kingdom to manifest
For we walk by faith, not by sight.
2 Corinthians 5:7
Honor (1 Peter 2:17)
* Everyone is treated with honor in a culture of honor
* Honor looks for the gold in others and calls it out
* Confrontation is an important component in an honor culture
* In a culture of honor everyone is empowered
Honor all people. Love the brotherhood. Fear God. Honor the king.
1 Peter 2:17
His Presence (Exodus 33:13-16)
* The Presence of God is our greatest asset as a congregation
* One of the ways we express this value is through praise and worship
* We exist to host His Presence
* We value His Presence over our plans
Now therefore, I pray, if I have found grace in Your sight, show me now Your way, that I may know You and that I may find grace in Your sight. And consider that this nation is Your people.”
And He said, “My Presence will go with you, and I will give you rest.”
Then he said to Him, “If Your Presence does not go with us, do not bring us up from here. For how then will it be known that Your people and I have found grace in Your sight, except You go with us? So we shall be separate, Your people and I, from all the people who are upon the face of the earth.”
The Supernatural (John 14:12-14)
* Our God is a Supernatural God and His church is a supernatural church
* We have received the power of the Holy Spirit to demonstrate that Jesus rose from the dead
* Miracles are part of the normal life of a believer
* Healing is part of the evangelistic plan of God
“Most assuredly, I say to you, he who believes in Me, the works that I do he will do also; and greater works than these he will do, because I go to My Father. And whatever you ask in My name, that I will do, that the Father may be glorified in the Son. If you ask anything in My name, I will do it.
Grace and Empowerment (Romans 5:17)
* Grace is more than unmerited favor
* Grace actually empowers us to live for God
* We are no longer striving but resting in the finished work of Calvary
* We are leaning to serve God out of our love for Him and extend His grace to everyone
For if by the one man’s offense death reigned through the one, much more those who receive abundance of grace and of the gift of righteousness will reign in life through the One, Jesus Christ.
The Prophetic (1 Corinthians 14:1)
* We value the activation that comes by receiving a prophetic impartation
* Every Christian can speak under the inspiration of the Holy Spirit
* We give opportunity for this gift to operate in our gatherings
* We are a people that desires to hear what the Spirit is saying to the church
Pursue love, and desire spiritual gifts, but especially that you may prophesy.
1 Corinthians 14:1
Generosity (Proverbs 11:24-25)
Faithfulness with money puts us in a place where God can trust us with true riches
Radical generosity breaks the spirit of poverty off of people’s lives
Being faithful with the resources we have positions us to receive more
If we are indeed becoming like God we will become more and more generous
There is one who scatters, yet increases more;And there is one who withholds more than is right, But it leads to poverty.
The generous soul will be made rich, And he who waters will also be watered himself.
Family (Genesis 2:24)
* Part of maturing in God is having proper balances (wisdom)
* Our family is a major priority in our lives and our time needs to reflect that
* The only relationship more important than our spouse and our children is our relationship with God
Therefore a man shall leave his father and mother and be joined to his wife, and they shall become one flesh.